Thursday, May 10, 2012

Distressed Wood Signs


dream BIG
Family
Life is Better on the River
be happy
love LIFE

First I put a thin coat of cheap Jo-Ann's acrylic paint as my base coat on 2" wide pieces of wood.
Then I cut out cheap contact paper for stencils on the cricut using the Opposites Attract Cartridge.
The contact paper sticks to the wood (once it's dry)as a stencil and I just the letters in a different color.
I peeld off the contact paper carefully while the paint was still wet. Don't worry if it's not perfect.
Then I sanded with an 80 grit piece of sandpaper focusing on all of the edges and then over the whole piece.
I feel an addiction coming on...It only took a few hours with breaks in between to do the 5 signs.
I HAVE to keep "Life is better on the River" for myself!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment