Thursday, August 20, 2009

Baby Onesies


These are the baby onesies that I made for a friend's baby shower a few weeks ago. I used the Cricut to cut freezer paper then ironed it on the onesies as a stencil and used fabric paint.
The dog at the bottom is supposed to be "velvet." The paint said to let dry then use the steam from the iron over it from a few inches away. The paint puffed up but felt more leathery than fuzzy. The top elephant was just an iron on rhinestone patch I got for a dollar at Michaels.
**WARNING**
Once you start making these, you cannot stop.
I made 5 for someone at work (I buy the pack of 5 at Target for $9) for her hairdresser and 5 for another friend's shower for this Saturday. I made each set with different ones but the caterpillar is definitely a big hit! I also decorated the corners of some colored cloth diapers to use as burp cloths.

1 comment:

  1. I agree-the freezer paper technique is addictive. I bought some white tshirts to save for my daughter's spirit weeks. We will be able to make anything using the Cricut.

    ReplyDelete