Sunday, August 19, 2012

Scrappy recycled wood Christmas trees

These came out so adorable. I made them over the last few days.
Day 1 cut lengths of wood to make a tree shape and painted. One tree is white and one is Italian sage.
Day 2 cut out stencils on the cricut onto contact paper. One reads "may your days be merry & bright" and the other, "a very merry Christmas & a happy new year." Paint the words. I used black on the white sign and black cherry on the sage sign.
Day 3 sand all the pieces to distress. I also painted a black block for the base of the tree. Assemble by using drywall screws through the back of the post. Hot glue a rusty metal star to the top. I'm selling them for $40 at some craft fairs and via Facebook.
Adorable! I found several signs on pinterest as my inspiration. Just search "scrappy wood tree."

No comments:

Post a Comment